[SOLVED] HP 705 G4 Network card

sat3llite

Honorable
Feb 3, 2016
Hello,

I have an HP 705 G4 Mini PC 65W with an AM4 socket and Ryzen 5 Pro 2400G CPU. In the product specification manual it states that the Wireless LAN modules available are Intel 9260 with Bluetooth 5 PCIe non-vPro and Realtek 802.11ac with Bluetooth 4.2 LE M.2 PCie. Based on the motherboard viewer from HP there is an M.2 PCIe connection

When I search online for an Intel 9260, I get a mass amount of results mostly coming from Amazon and can't tell if cards on there are legitimate or actually the right card I need since this is an HP. Does anyone know the actual part number needed for this computer. Bonus question; does anyone know if I can update this easily to Wi-Fi 6 capable?

Solution
With wifi cards I am not sure how you can be 100% sure it is "legit" ie they paid the license fee to intel. Like many electronic things china manufacture make equipment that may not be authorized. It likely contains the correct intel chip.
I really don't know the ones that do not have INTEL actually stamped on the board I would avoid. They likely get in more trouble for putting intel on the board than they do for making a fake board.

It is highly likely wifi6e cards will work. The above link is a good example but you can search for intel ax210. I have no idea how you tell the difference between the manufactures.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-802-11ax-Bluetooth-Adapter-Notebook/dp/B0B4T696W5

This is the one...
With wifi cards I am not sure how you can be 100% sure it is "legit" ie they paid the license fee to intel. Like many electronic things china manufacture make equipment that may not be authorized. It likely contains the correct intel chip.
I really don't know the ones that do not have INTEL actually stamped on the board I would avoid. They likely get in more trouble for putting intel on the board than they do for making a fake board.

It is highly likely wifi6e cards will work. The above link is a good example but you can search for intel ax210. I have no idea how you tell the difference between the manufactures.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-802-11ax-Bluetooth-Adapter-Notebook/dp/B0B4T696W5

This is the one that links off the intel store even though it is sold by another company. You would think intel does not let someone run a fake store. I have not found the devices actually "sold by" amazon.

Solution

sat3llite

Honorable
Feb 3, 2016
Thank you both for the help. It's worth a shot to try it and learn something. I'll post back what I find out (y).

Update
I was able to plug and play with an Intel Wireless AC-9260! To be honest I didn't expect it to be that simple!

Last edited: