May 17, 2020
Hi, I want to make a budget gaming pc where I could have a playable experience in most modern games(30-60fps).
I have an hp compaq 8200 elite cmt pc.
My specs:
UserBenchmarks: Game 12%, Desk 45%, Work 20%
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 - 61.2%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 610 - 2%
HDD: Seagate ST3320413CS 320GB - 33.8%
RAM: Hynix HMT325U6CFR8C-H9 2x2GB - 39.4%
MBD: HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC
Bios version: J01 v02.15 (2011)
PSU:320w(no 6pin connector)
Chipset: Intel Q67 Express
I want to know all the possible upgrades i can make that includes only changing the GPU and CPU(maybe PSU). The rest is simple.
I got some ideas after doing some research but i do not know which one will work:
1/keep CPU and add gtx 750 ti/1050 ti/1650 (depends on budget)(i prefer not going with gt 1030or and AMD cards because of power efficiency).
2/keep CPU, change PSU to...(6 pin) and add 1650 super.
3/the same as 2 and 1 but with changing the CPU to i7-2600.
I want to also know all the best combinations i can make without spending too much money.
also one more thing, i know when it come to hardware this GPUs should be able to work with my pc but when it comes to software i do not know; i still have the old bios (Legacy bios) and i learned that thease cards require UEFI ? so i am not sure what to do.
should i upgrade or look for a new pc??
thank you in advance.=)

Solution
First, 4gb doesn't cut it, no matter the GPU. Assuming its the micro tower version, you can fit most GPUs, but if the machine lacks UEFI support (which i cant verify), that may cause issues with modern graphics cards, preventing you from booting. Also, your motherboard has several proprietary connectors that would require adapters for you to swap to another PSU.

Personally, I would sell it and look for a PC like a Dell OptiPlex 7010 MT that does not use proprietary motherboard connectors, supports UEFI, and is generally much easier to upgrade.
First, 4gb doesn't cut it, no matter the GPU. Assuming its the micro tower version, you can fit most GPUs, but if the machine lacks UEFI support (which i cant verify), that may cause issues with modern graphics cards, preventing you from booting. Also, your motherboard has several proprietary connectors that would require adapters for you to swap to another PSU.

Personally, I would sell it and look for a PC like a Dell OptiPlex 7010 MT that does not use proprietary motherboard connectors, supports UEFI, and is generally much easier to upgrade.

Reactions: wannabgamer
Solution
May 17, 2020

Thank you so much I’ll add that to my options.=)