[SOLVED] HP Deskjet 1510 (scan error)

zeeshan.nayani

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
Hi, I have just bought this HP Deskjet 1510 all in one printer from a friend of mine since he don't need it any more, there were no cartridges in the printer i guess he probably used them completely nor did i really need them since all i need it for the scanning purpose, The printer is fine and turning on.. i have installed all the required drivers/softwares as well but no matter what i do I am keep having this message whenever i try to scan anything
RJiKvIt.jpg

(Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the product and try scanning again) can someone please help me out here...

Last edited:
Solution
No worries now guys it seems my doubt was right and the scanner itself was faulty i had it replaced from a computer expert now its working fine..

Thank you all for helping me out as always :)

zeeshan.nayani

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
Did the printer work before you bought it?

Are there some lock hatches that is on (those that should reduce damage/wear under transport) ?

Are you sure the correct drivers are installed ?

I think it was working since he was using it for printing it is still in a good working condition all the led indicators gets active when I turn the printer on also I get the no cartridge message on my PC, the printer is also detected without any problem even before I install the drivers... which eventually I did installed from Hp offcial web, my only concern is the scanner why it is not moving to scan anything....

zeeshan.nayani

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
No worries now guys it seems my doubt was right and the scanner itself was faulty i had it replaced from a computer expert now its working fine..

Thank you all for helping me out as always :)

Solution