Question HP elitebook laptop "Keyboard lamp" Won't Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
It's starting to get concerning about how much I post here, because a lot of the time people come here for a one time thing, but I just keep coming back here problem after problem, knowing that nobody will find the answer. Every time I start a thread I get a complaint about posting too much and then I reply to them just saying I want an answer, but then it just goes completely off topic and I lose the whole conversation.

Anyways...

Tonight I popped open the little pop-up lamp that's built in right next to the webcam of my HP elitebook 2740p. (If you moderators are reading this, I used WinToUSB to make a live usb for the laptop since the hard drive won't work) When I tried to close it, it would close all the way but wouldn't STAY closed. Does anybody have a similar problem, OR, a fix?

The latch for the light is part of the display bezel. When it was a current model and parts were available from HP it was a total lid replacement as it's a sealed module with no individual parts replacement within. As old as that model is it isn't worth the effort or expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.