HP Envy 133 Takes On MacBook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahdangun

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
why they din't use the puma plathform, it can be a realy thin gaming notebook because u can attach external graphic card, even if u don't do that, u still have a great onboard graphic and cappable of decoding 1080p film.

nihility

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
This thing was probably in development before puma was available. You can't just start from scratch everytime there is a new platform availabe. They'll probably move up in the next version if this one sells OK.
Besides that, the 1.6 C2D can decode 1080p just fine.

G

No puma because of battery life? Has anyone seen battery life on this mysterious puma? Lots of claims about graphics (which is pretty much the first thing people look for in laptops!) but all you hear about battery life is better than previous gen (turion) which is not really saying much.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Puma is still in development right? Intel's Centrino on-board graphics solutions are barely powerful enough to run the monitor, forget any 3D-gaming. The HDMI port is ironic, though I suppose a Dual-Core Core2 may be able to decode high-definition video (thankfully they included an eSATA port). With the lacking video (thus no gaming), I'm not sure what kind of user Voodoo/HP is targeting here. At $2k this is no e-mail checker.

G

What's the big deal? You can get the Lenovo X61S for less, it has an 8 hour battery life, Edge or 3G modem built in, super rugged (mine got attacked by an 80 pound rolling robot and the screen didn't crack, thanks to a steal cage) and it is designed to run Linux equally well to windows. It even has an led light for the keyboard.

Sure, it doesn't look like some fashion accessory, but I guarantee you, an iBlow or an Envys-an-iBlow will not get you laid either.

Rolling robots inquestion, www.orbswarm.com

pogsnet

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Puma is already available and it will be released this June. Look at youtube you see Puma advantage. Puma was not designed to be ultra portable since it comes with bunch of features like hydbrid technology which uses two or more video cards (which surely wont fit to slim design).

Status
Not open for further replies.