HP LaserJet CM3530 mfp doesn't scan

davidshammer

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hey Guys(and ladies),
I have a CM3539 mfp and when I try to set up the scan to folder option, and I click the scan wizard, it asks for me to install the CD that came with this printer. I purchased it on ebay and they don't have a CD for it. I tried downloading that Park admin and it doesn't work in 32bit systems(using Windows 7 Ultimate 64)
Can someone walk me through this or can they copy the CD and I'll pay for shipping and all, I just need this scan to work so my employees can work saving docs on the server again.

OR , if they know of a program like the all in one HP 4540 mfp printer/scanner software? Can someone write code to it to make it work with mt 3530?

Thanks for looking

David

Solution
The think the software here may be what you're looking for. It's the only entry on the HP support site under 'software' for the CM3530, it works with Winodws 7 64-bit, and specifically states that it is a "software application that enables an HP Multifunction Peripheral (MFP) to send scanned documents directly to several types of destinations". Hopefully the links work, but if not, just google 'HP LaserJet CM3530' and you should see a link to the HP support site for that model.

The potentially bad news is that HP may require you to buy a license from them to use it (I have no idea what size the license fee may be), as the site says: "These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HP...

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
The think the software here may be what you're looking for. It's the only entry on the HP support site under 'software' for the CM3530, it works with Winodws 7 64-bit, and specifically states that it is a "software application that enables an HP Multifunction Peripheral (MFP) to send scanned documents directly to several types of destinations". Hopefully the links work, but if not, just google 'HP LaserJet CM3530' and you should see a link to the HP support site for that model.

The potentially bad news is that HP may require you to buy a license from them to use it (I have no idea what size the license fee may be), as the site says: "These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HP Software License Agreement. Certain software may require a valid warranty, current support contract with HP, or a license fee."

I hope the links are of use, and I wish you luck.

Solution

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to pay a monthly fee for what seems like it should be a relatively straight forward capability for the scanner. Sadly I don't know of any other software, open source or otherwise, that could help you, but I wish you luck in your search. There's a fair chance someone on here may be able to assist, as between them, the more well-informed members here possess an extremely wide array of knowledge.