HP Launch Event: From Workstations To IndyCar And DreamWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Wow I went through 25 slides and found nothing really groundbreaking over any other company out there. Good job HP!!! Hopefully your new products are better quality than they have been in the past.

G

That Z200 is one ugly PC, and unfortunately, i will no doubt have to support many of these craptastic machines three years down the line!!!

powerbaselx

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Honestly, this seems no inovation at all from HP. Changing the CPU's and the graphic cards and showing Dreamworks uses HP PC's with Photoshop to create animation movies characters do not impress me at all. It's pretty banal. Other companies show much more than this. :-(

eaclou

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I'm surprised they didn't show their new business-class IPS-panel LCDs, the ZR22w and ZR24w. I just got the 24" model and it's really nice, so far better than the Dell U2410 (which is wide-gamut, to complicate a direct comparison, but I think it's superior, especially at $425 for an IPS display)

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
HP has the potential to be a great company but right now they are just a big company that has been plagued with problems and many consumers (not all) have got a bad impression from it. I am sure this show is part of the allotted $40 million in advertising and I hope that the reason they are putting this effort forward is they have genuinely made efforts to improve the quality of their product lines instead of just increasing the specs and then slowing the computers to a crawl with bloatware.

G

The HP Touchsmart TM2 shown above and at http://www.phasespace.com/hpevent/HP/index.html uses an Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo SU9600 (1.60GHz, 800MHz FSB) w/512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4550 Graphics Card. That's a bit more horsepower than a Ipad. With Moore's Law, it is only a matter of time, I'd give it two years at a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS