hp lcd screen

mms9k47bsdh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
hp touchsmart 310-2020, i am almost positive that the lcd is bad but can't tell. it has an LVDS 40 pin connector and i think if there is a cable(LDVS 4o pin) that will`connect to the mobo and the other end to a VGA, DVI, etc to use with an external monitor?
anyone?

mms9k47bsdh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
The PC powers up. The fan spins, i hear the a bootable cd/dvd disk running. When i connect a USB reading lamp it turns on but the screen is black. Then i thought the mobo is ok the lcd is bad but expensive, so i don't want to buy one just to try. hard disk and memory are good.

mms9k47bsdh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I read the same about the PSU but for testing i use a dell with the same tip the amperage was low and the power switch was blinking. Then i use the brick that came with the pc and as i already explain about the hd, hd, memory etc. so you still think the the PSU although powers the pc is still defective?

mms9k47bsdh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
FIRST LET ME THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO TRY TO HELP ME.
right now i am taking the specs from the ac adapter that came with the touchsmart 310-1020 and they are:
19.5 v 6.5 A 120W. so any other ideas because this PSU is fine.
by the way assuming that even the LCD is good is there a cable that can be connected to the motherboard where the lcd is connected right now but has a VGA or DVI or HDMI end so it can be connected to an external monitor.

mms9k47bsdh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
hi, the PSU checks ok with a volt\multi-meter. The link provides for a kit that appears to be what i need to test the pc and find out that the mobo is bad. According to what i read if my LCD is good and i have the right kit then i will need to get my LCD model since this kit purpose is to re-use an screen, assuming it is good.
A bit difficult to understand the instructions.
P.S. I saw this case as "close". I think then it is.