Question HP Omen 16 C series laptop just died - won't switch on or charge (with and without battery)

Nov 2, 2023
Any experience with this?

It's a HP Omen 16 C series laptop. It's about a year old (bought as brand new in 2022) and was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly shut off abruptly and would no longer switch on. Removed the battery and tried to check if it would work with just the plug plugged in - no luck.

I suspect that it may be a double issue, perhaps? Battery and the a power jack problem. I've ordered a replacement power jack cable and battery to check if this is the issue, otherwise, I'll have to return the replacements (when they do eventually come in obviously).

I use the laptop for gaming and media, so it's got games which you can't play on console (or you'd need both Xbox and PlayStation - and you can't personalize the games on console etc). It's pretty goddamn annoying. Feels like Earth losing the Moon, or like an enormous gaping hole suddenly appearing in your hometown or city where all the buildings and houses used to be...

Any idea what the issue could be?

(Feels like being in the dark ages...or 1980...)

(In the meantime, have to use a really old and really slow netbook which can barely run a browser or multitask and certainly can't play any games.)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your laptop is a year old, it should still be under a warranty scheme. If so, you should contact your seller and/or HP to initiate an RMA. If you do tamper with the laptop, i.e, desoldering and resolderring components, you can and will void your warranty. I'd RMA it before you solder anything on or off the laptop.

TRENDING THREADS