[SOLVED] HP PAVILION G7 2200ew problem with heating and noisy fan

mojki1

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
Hi guys,
I have had unfortunate present from sister: HP G7 2200 ew. Im trying to make him better work culture.
Parameters:
Bios: Insyde F.27 (upgraded to the newest)
CPU: Intel Pentium B980 2,4GHz
RAM: DDR3 4GB
HDD: 250 GB (SSD Samsung Evo 850)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (1804mb)+ Intel HD Graphics 1024mb

Problem with heating and noisy fan:
Two weeks ago I have changed thermal paste on cpu and gpu. Effects are miserable . Here is screen that shows temperature and processor load after changing thermal paste:

989f3fc112e0e5dcmed.jpg

Link with better quality

This load appears when I turn on interent browser, sometimes when I load youtube videos.
Firstly I think that I need to change the fan for a new. Laptop has 7 years.
What do You guys think about my opinon above?

And here is a photo that shows heatsink and cpu+gpu fan:
76aea19e6163677fmed.jpg

Link with better quality
We see that on radiator are probably some glue remains. In the past laptop has broken left hinge. Does that glue remains may affect on radiator's effectivity?

Upgarde
The next question is about upgrading. Is it worth to uptage processor to for example AMD A10-4600M processor (3.2 GHz/2.3 GHz) (compatible with service guide), when I solve problem with heating?
I'm using laptop for internet and some times to autocad files, In this moment using ram is ca. 3-3,3GB, so now only processor is weak.
Thanks for answers :)
Sorry for my English.

Last edited:
Solution
If the laptop was working better before you changed the thermal paste on cpu and gpu (you didn't mention why you decided to change the thermal paste), then you should probably clean and reapply the thermal paste again and make sure the heat sink assembly is laying flat. It's likely the heatsink was canted in some way. Further, it looks like there is enough glue residue on the heat sink fins to affect the efficiency, so I would remove as much as possible without damaging the fins. As far as the fan being noisy. I would check for some obstruction and that the power cord is properly routed. It may simply be the case since your CPU is overheating the fan is going into overdrive trying to keep it cool.
If the laptop was working better before you changed the thermal paste on cpu and gpu (you didn't mention why you decided to change the thermal paste), then you should probably clean and reapply the thermal paste again and make sure the heat sink assembly is laying flat. It's likely the heatsink was canted in some way. Further, it looks like there is enough glue residue on the heat sink fins to affect the efficiency, so I would remove as much as possible without damaging the fins. As far as the fan being noisy. I would check for some obstruction and that the power cord is properly routed. It may simply be the case since your CPU is overheating the fan is going into overdrive trying to keep it cool.

Solution