djholley

Honorable
May 15, 2016
Can a HP Pavilion X2 k010nr be used as a graphics tablet? If so I need help finding a pressure sensitive pen for it. Can It be used as a graphics tablet to create digital art?

The title should be short and simple.
The body of your thread however can be as long as a book.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Given that the tablet you've listed is powered off an Atom processor and relying on an Intel HD Graphics iGPU, I'd say you're not going to have anything productive out of that tablet in terms of graphics design, simply due to lack of horsepower. If you're looking at graphic design as a profession, you need to invest on hardware that can get the job done fast and reliably.

That being said, you might want to read through this thread.

Graphics design, or a drawing tablet?

To the best of my knowledge, your HP notebook will be far from ideal for drawing. I don't think its touchscreen is optimized to track pen movement the way graphics tablets are; you'll likely run into lag, no pen tilt recognition, no pressure sensitivity, etc.

djholley

Honorable
May 15, 2016
Given that the tablet you've listed is powered off an Atom processor and relying on an Intel HD Graphics iGPU, I'd say you're not going to have anything productive out of that tablet in terms of graphics design, simply due to lack of horsepower. If you're looking at graphic design as a profession, you need to invest on hardware that can get the job done fast and reliably.

I meant just drawing using Krita software. Sorry

That being said, you might want to read through this thread.

djholley

Honorable
May 15, 2016
Graphics design, or a drawing tablet?

To the best of my knowledge, your HP notebook will be far from ideal for drawing. I don't think its touchscreen is optimized to track pen movement the way graphics tablets are; you'll likely run into lag, no pen tilt recognition, no pressure sensitivity, etc.

Drawing sorry . Ill try to order an oem pen and see how it does if not ill just keep using my non screened graphics tablet and use the notebook as a screen on my bed. I got it for a steal anyway and i like it I do know about computers so i know its not the fastest thing out there but that wasnt its purpose. Theres no lag with my finger but ill try with the pen thank you

Drawing sorry . Ill try to order an oem pen and see how it does if not ill just keep using my non screened graphics tablet and use the notebook as a screen on my bed. I got it for a steal anyway and i like it I do know about computers so i know its not the fastest thing out there but that wasnt its purpose. Theres no lag with my finger but ill try with the pen thank you
If it works out, post back and let us know how it treats you. It'd be cool to know this is viable, I'm sure it would save you (and others, if they read about it) a good $100+ on a tablet. :)