[SOLVED] HP Pro desktop with AMD A4-5300, 4gb ddr3 & 500GB HDD --- new case?

May 7, 2020
hello i want to upgrade my computer,is this hp pro motherboard can fit any pc case?
and what upgrade do you advise for me..thanks

Solution
if its the 3515, it does look atx standard and will fit into a m-atx case or larger. I can not judge if the front panel is non-standard or not, looks pretty standard.
The manual is not so helpful, but when you disconnect the front panel from the motherboard, try to follow the cable connected to the power button, in the manual (page 84) its the red one, so connect the new case power button to that. the motherboard itself will have no markings regarding what pin is what.
I can't see upgrading that PC in 2020. There are just too many better options out there. That said:

What are your FULL system specs including your PSU details?
Where are you located?
What is your budget?
What do you want to do with your upgraded PC (if gaming what kind of games, at what resolution?)?

May 7, 2020
I can't see upgrading that PC in 2020. There are just too many better options out there. That said:

What are your FULL system specs including your PSU details?
Where are you located?
What is your budget?
What do you want to do with your upgraded PC (if gaming what kind of games, at what resolution?)?
Im from milan italy,
Its a a4 5300 4gb ram ddr3 500gb hdd psu 250w hp pro,,, i want to change the case if its posible,,

if its the 3515, it does look atx standard and will fit into a m-atx case or larger. I can not judge if the front panel is non-standard or not, looks pretty standard.
The manual is not so helpful, but when you disconnect the front panel from the motherboard, try to follow the cable connected to the power button, in the manual (page 84) its the red one, so connect the new case power button to that. the motherboard itself will have no markings regarding what pin is what.

Reactions: jonathandc
Solution
hello i want to upgrade my computer,is this hp pro motherboard can fit any pc case?
and what upgrade do you advise for me..thanks

The case is the least of the issues with the system, what exactly are you trying to upgrade for? If for modern games you may as well just start with a new build, you can't upgrade that system enough to get to playing newer games, by the time you are left upgrading the only thing left from the old system you can re-use will be the screws. If for general web browsing, movies, etc... then you can get another 4 gb stick of RAM and replace the drive with a solid state one with a new Windows setup on it, that will make it a lot faster than it is now.

Reactions: jonathandc
May 7, 2020
The case is the least of the issues with the system, what exactly are you trying to upgrade for? If for modern games you may as well just start with a new build, you can't upgrade that system enough to get to playing newer games, by the time you are left upgrading the only thing left from the old system you can re-use will be the screws. If for general web browsing, movies, etc... then you can get another 4 gb stick of RAM and replace the drive with a solid state one with a new Windows setup on it, that will make it a lot faster than it is now.
I have hd5770 to put on its my stock gpu, if i put on another 4 gb it would play LoL or cs go? Can i install win10 also?

I have hd5770 to put on its my stock gpu, if i put on another 4 gb it would play LoL or cs go? Can i install win10 also?

For those games, adding a 5770 should make them run decently enough. Windows 10 support you can find on your motherboard support page, if they have Win 10 drivers, then yes it will run without issues. Make sure the card you have fits and that the power supply in the system is good enough to run it along with having any power cords the card may need.

May 7, 2020
For those games, adding a 5770 should make them run decently enough. Windows 10 support you can find on your motherboard support page, if they have Win 10 drivers, then yes it will run without issues. Make sure the card you have fits and that the power supply in the system is good enough to run it along with having any power cords the card may need.
Ah i forgot it has no 6 pin connector from my hp psu 300w,,, is tjis psu 300w can support my hd 5770 gddr5 1gb vapor x? If can what connectlr should i bought the sata to 6 pin?

May 7, 2020
Thanks i got it and i fit it,,even the pin connector it has sign, thanks so much..
Now i need to know if my hd5770 can power from my psu HP 300w? I need also a connector sata to 6 pin to power my card

Don't use an adapter like that, it's a fire hazard, sata connectors weren't designed for that sort of load. If you need a pci-e cable, best to get a psu with the connector.

Now, if getting a psu is out of the question, the 5770 has a tdp of 108 watts, that means 75 watts will come from the pci-e slot and the remaining 33 watts would come from the cable, considering that the max wattage sata is rated for is around 40-50 watts. Technically it could work, that is if the gpu really limits itself to using the 33 watts from the connector.

If the psu is actually 300watts, it's manageable.