Question HP ProBook 470 problem

zero_3

Commendable
Apr 26, 2017
Hi, I have a problem with my laptop.
Several months ago sometimes when I tried to wake my laptop from sleep te screen stayed black after that few weeks ago when I tried waking my laptop from sleep it looked like it was turned off but the power button flashed like it was in sleep mode. So I tried reinstalling windows 10 tree times but it would always freeze at the final step, at the fourth time I managed to install windows, but the problem with the screen staying off when turning it from sleep is steel there and now its always that way. I would be thankful for some help.
Specs:

Intel Pentium 2020M,
4gb ram,
Radeon HD 8600 or 8700M,
Kingston A400 120gb SSD

Last edited by a moderator:
So after the Windows setup was done, it works fine, but only in sleep mode it does not wake up? Are you sure it's actually in sleep mode and not crashing? Turn on the system, go into the power options and select sleep. Wait a few minutes till it's in sleep mode and hit the power button, it does not turn on?

zero_3

Commendable
Apr 26, 2017
I did that already but when I press the power button or put it to sleep with (Start > Sleep) laptop turns on but the screen in completely black. And I need to do a hard reset.

I did that already but when I press the power button or put it to sleep with (Start > Sleep) laptop turns on but the screen in completely black. And I need to do a hard reset.

Did you install the HP drivers after the Windows setup? I have run into some Dell models that had issues with a black screen after they go to sleep mode or are removed from a dock, there is a setting in the video options that fixed that for me. Go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel (install it if you don't have it) and disable Panel Self Refresh. Also make sure BIOS and graphics drivers are updated. Even though yours is an HP system the video driver options should be the same.