[SOLVED] HP Spectre 13-4116dx Screen Flicker - Screen Replacement?

Mar 16, 2021
I have a HP Spectre X360 13-4116dx and the screen is flickering on/off at about 1 second intervals. I linked a video of it below. The behavior is a little inconsistent but it still occurs using the windows basic display driver and when I boot into a Ubuntu live usb. I think that it's a hardware fault but my question is: is it the display panel? could it be a power supply issue? I'd be willing to replace the panel but I'd like to be sure that'd fix it before I spend $150+ on a new one.

View: https://youtu.be/c18SSxU62Sk

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to make sure that the BIOS for the laptop is up to date. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest, please don't jump to the latest. On another note, what OS version are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Source all necessary drivers for said laptop from HP's support site, using the serial number for your laptop, to bring up a support page with the drivers. Once you have all the latest drivers downloaded, install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if the flickering is resolved.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to make sure that the BIOS for the laptop is up to date. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest, please don't jump to the latest. On another note, what OS version are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Source all necessary drivers for said laptop from HP's support site, using the serial number for your laptop, to bring up a support page with the drivers. Once you have all the latest drivers downloaded, install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if the flickering is resolved.

Solution