HP Spends $40,000,000 to Show You It's Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Give me 3 Million & I'll spread the word all over the net & they can keep the other 37 million. It's amazing how much money is poured into advertising. I wonder what the figures are for Geico ads are?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I personally think that the videos were awesome and they made me laugh. I might not necessarily buy their products but at least they are trying.

Zoidman

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Better yet, put the video on YouTube and use the moeny that would have gone towards time slots on television networks and pay the viewers to watch it. 40 mill for advertising, equals 1 dollar per person for 40 million views!

I would most certainly watch the ad a few times, and get my buddies to watch it too!

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
I wonder... if i claim I do amazing... Will the australian guy visit me?

[citation][nom]JD13[/nom]Give me 3 Million & I'll spread the word all over the net & they can keep the other 37 million. It's amazing how much money is poured into advertising. I wonder what the figures are for Geico ads are?[/citation]

It's ok, 15 minutes of their ads saved them 15% or more on car insurance

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hp used to design excellent products and I had a lot of respect for them but this ad campaign is just awkward and ineffective, imo.
It reminded me of the bill gates/seinfeld ads and that's saying a lot.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
How much of that 40E6 Did tomshardware get to post this. 40 millions is not nothing if they made $8,000,000,000 from ink last year. Their ink is like $8000 a gallon thats more than gas.

expertester

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom] 40 millions is not nothing if they made $8,000,000,000 from ink last year. Their ink is like $8000 a gallon thats more than gas.[/citation]

Yep, and HP = Agilent, where they made a lot of profit from high tech electronic (measurement) devices.

I personally think that this move is sensible. Well it caught my attention. I almost forgot that HP is also Agilent for many years already although I really like their spectrum analyzer and several other measurement devices. It remind me that HP is not a second grade or third grade company which only produce printer and *cough*, monitor and PC...LOL.

G

These are terrible advertisements. Generic and uninspired. They should have taken a hint from the Evian Mineral Water ad. The only thing I like about the HP ad are the jingle at the end. The rest is boring.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
So they have 40 million to spend on commercials, but no money to replace their faulty Nvidia GPU'd laptops manufactured after 2004 that melt themselves... instead they replace their RMA'd laptops with the same busted GPU's and send them back. Way to go "Have pussy" - Epic Fail.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Yea I'll never buy another HP I have the dv6000 w the GPU heat problem and instead of fixing the problem hp released a bios fix that was designed put the fan on full blast and let the gpu last till the warranty expired. I would never buy another HP they always have had heat problems I thought since this was a new model notebook that they had the heat issues resolved.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
HP = Have and Pray. Seriously though, that's a pretty bald move for them. I have no idea why they are spending so much on adds. People are still going to buy the things they trust most and probably which are more cheaper. HP makes some good computers, I had one a long time ago, it worked well. There are so many different companies competing that personally I think spending that much for advertisement, is not wise. Yet it maybe a small price tag for them. Besides the adds didn't strike me as very funny at all. Dunno maybe some people think otherwise...

G

HP hardware for private use is quite poor quality, specially you will find in their Pavilion dv9000 series, which was produced in a factory which even by Chinese standard was so bad, that the Chinese government closed the factory.

The only HP products that can get some good review are the enterprise servers and of course the Linux support team who take time help people who don't get proper help from the ordinary support.

tomvertommen

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I remember HP no longer supporting my laserjet 1000 once I tried it on windows 7...This tells me much more then a few funny expensive commercials. Maybe they could have used the money to write me a driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.