[SOLVED] HP X24c monitor response time automatically resets to "Level 1" every time after computer is shut down or put into hibernation

random5

Distinguished
I've been using this HP X24c monitor for quite a while before I started noticing that it seems to be kind of slower to respond than even my work monitor, I turned on the panel and noticed that despite monitor claiming to be in 144Hz mode it reset itself to "Level 1" Response Time setting (there are 4 response time level settings, so I navigated and set it to level 4, which made monitor much more responsive and smoother, but next day same issue repeated itself. And the next day. And the next. How to get this fixed? Since this means I essentially have like 50Hz monitor masquerading as 144Hz.

uk8YaA5.jpg

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:
Solution

random5

Distinguished
Well, Omen hub is made by HP so its the software for your monitor.

All monitors I used previously of any other brand, whether it's iiyama or dell or benq and I did use like 6 different models of benq monitors throughout my life always saved the settings via OSD, it seems very unusual for a simple cheap monitor to require dedicated software to save settings. But I'll use it for a few days and will inform of how it went and whether the issue is resolved.

random5

Distinguished
I checked and settings stayed the same even after shutting off, apparently you were right and this software was necessary to make the settings save. I've never thought about it previously as it isn't Omen series or anything and I thought that software is just for those and not for any HP brand product. Thanks for the help.