HP5610 Help its printing dark green NO black

katflashfever2000

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
we are do it yourselfers cannot tell you how much money we have saved over the years. the printer carriage you cannot remove it has no grey flipper so I seen on you tube someone had the top off of one to get to the carrage and cartiridge. but he didn't video how to get the fax/multip print loader off the top so you can actually see the carriage. thinking black carriage filter may be plugged as with a glove some crumbly ink came out. please advise. i love this printer just want to keep running it if I can GREAT MACHINE I think it may just need some TLC and small parts...Want to try before sending it in which I would not do given the repair costs more than a new one...please advise

Solution
If I follow your post correctly, you wish to remove the printer carriage - is that correct?

Do you have the User Guide/Manual for your HP5610?

Use that document to guide your actions.

Yes - you can save money etc. via DIY efforts in many ways including ink cartridges.

However, unfortunately, the manufacturer's tend to frown upon and discourage such activities because they lose money.

So products are designed, at a minimum, to ensure that some warranty violation can be claimed and/or not following or using official consumable products (e.g., print cartridges) could even lead to failure. And loss of warranty.

And some of the DIY "solutions" may be damaging at some time along the way if not immediately so.

Remember that even with...

Ralston18

Titan
If I follow your post correctly, you wish to remove the printer carriage - is that correct?

Do you have the User Guide/Manual for your HP5610?

Use that document to guide your actions.

Yes - you can save money etc. via DIY efforts in many ways including ink cartridges.

However, unfortunately, the manufacturer's tend to frown upon and discourage such activities because they lose money.

So products are designed, at a minimum, to ensure that some warranty violation can be claimed and/or not following or using official consumable products (e.g., print cartridges) could even lead to failure. And loss of warranty.

And some of the DIY "solutions" may be damaging at some time along the way if not immediately so.

Remember that even with the best "TLC" etc. most machines now have an engineered in EOL (End of Life). Getting shorter all the time and more and more difficult to extend regardless of what you do.

Solution