HP's Envy 14 Spectre Sports Unique Glass Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Doct3rPhil[/nom]WiDi is wifi direct, aka no router, similar to blutooth[/citation]
So this thing connects wirelessly to devices without wireless capability? Because you kind of need a wireless router to connect things like modems that don't have wireless built in to a wireless network. Unless this runs on magic.

Oh, and connecting two wireless devices without a router is called ad hoc mode. It's not new, and it's not called WiDi. WiDi means Wireless Diplay.

Maybe don't make things up next time?

G

wait a minute!!!...
Is that the crappy infinity display like in the dv6 models?

G

Design, design, design... I just don't care. my 18.4" i7 is ugly as hell, but hey, it can do anything without hurting your eyes or nerves.

felixenfeu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Ok, it got a great design... but what about working/playing/surfing with all this gloss everywhere? A glossy display is probably the worst thing you could get from a laptop, it reflects every source of light and you can't see anything.

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]kensingtron[/nom]haha, yeah. Actually I need a more coordinated girlfriend. In my defense to the good people of Toms hardware I present to you Droptest That is all.[/citation]

I just need a girlfriend, it doesn't matter if it/she is coordinated or not! :\

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Sleek, midnight black glass on the outside and stark contrast silver glass on the inside make Spectre extraordinary, defying conventional notebook design

Umm... guess I'm holding out for the droptest too. :)

G

Fingerprint magnet inside and out. Just because matte screens and exteriors aren't as sexy, manufacturers seem to have an aversion to these more practical design features.

lp231

Splendid
Some need to update on themselves before correcting others so they won't look like idiots, especially the 2 comments with the lowest ratings.
As it was mentioned WiDi stands for Wireless Display.
For WiDi, it's mostly found on notebooks, but you can also get them on desktops like with the Galaxy GTX 460 WHDi edition.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/wireless-graphics-card-kfa2-gtx-460-wdhi-review/
You will need a receiver on your HDTV to make WiDi work.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]$1,399.99 LOL! at half price is still overpriced. reminds me apple[/citation]
I wouldn't call it overpriced, it's a niche item. If you don't care about what this has to offer (mostly aesthetics), then yeah, it's crazy overpriced for you. There are plenty of people out there who will gladly pay a premium for stuff like this.

Personally, I don't want to even touch anything with less than a 17" screen. I care way more about what's inside a laptop than how shiny and thin it is. I'm guessing you do as well.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]well at least there making there fail prone computer look good now. gives the unfortunate HP customer something to tout about after there computer fails after the warranty runs out[/citation]
OK. Three words:

There: def. In, at, or to that place or position
Their: def. Belonging to or associated with the people or things
They're: contraction of 'they are'

Each has a unique spelling and definition. Each is used in a unique way. This is elementary/middle school English.

Corrections: [W]ell[,] at least [they're] making [their] fail[-]prone computer look good now.

You used 'there' incorrectly twice within the first 6 words of your comment...

wow all you have to say about my comment is to write a short grammar essay which you probably just got from wikipedia? wow thats just pathetic :heink:

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]wow all you have to say about my comment is to write a short grammar essay which you probably just got from wikipedia? wow thats just pathetic[/citation]
LOL. You think someone had to go to wikipedia to look up 6th grade spelling/grammar.

i guess their is no limit to how there going to 'tout about' they're pathetic writing

with how detailed that last comment was it looked like you had too LOL

doct3rphil

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

#1 -- OK I was WRONG about the abbreviation for Wifi Direct. I thought I heard someone call it WiDi at one point. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Direct

#2 I said nothing about connecting wirelessly to devices "without wireless capability". I was not implying magic. I said SIMILAR to Bluetooth which BT devices have wireless capability, right?. Also, I understand ad hoc mode.

#3 Please refer to the wiki link in #1. Looks like we both don't know everything.

#4 Don't be an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.