Question HTC Vive Pro 2 image ghosting.

Dosson

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
Good day,

Basically, my HTC Pro 2 headset has developed a strange after-image or ghosting effect, where the steam home environment front is tilted and just stays there forever. I can use the headset just fine, but that transparent image just stays there no matter what I do. I've looked around the web and really can't find a concrete solution other than color refreshing, but I couldn't even find a VR version of that. Maybe someone has an idea of what I'm talking about and what I could do about this, or if anything.

P.S.
Warranty is long gone, so this is my best option.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I had a similar issue 2 months ago (with just 1 lense though) and contacted HTC, I bought the Vive Pro 2 right at launch so the warranty was gone for me too, but after going through some troubleshooting steps, they still offered me to send the headset back for repairs where they replaced the lense. Despite having to ship it to another country, I got it back repaired within just a couple of days at no cost from my end as they provided the label. If you are still having this issue and haven't tried contacting HTC, don't look at whether the warranty is gone or not and just reach out to them.