Huawei Matebook, Surface Pro 4, iPad Pro: A Spec Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That's not a Surface 4 Pro in the pictures. I believe your showing off the original Surface Pro 3.
Not even, it's a SP2 at the best. 16:9 aspect ratio and windows button on bottom in landscape mode.

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I'm a huge fan of my SP4, I have the 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage, i7 model. Yes, ridiculously expensive. But I now spend 70% of my time on my tablet instead of on my desktop(i7, 16GB RAM, 780GTX, 2x1080p screens). I only spend time on the Desktop for gaming specifically, everything else including running VM's and developing, watching movies or reading, all work great on the tablet and the battery life lasts me all day at work, or all day at home, essentially exactly matching the expected performance. Runs older games fine for major titles, haven't tried newer games because why would I, that is what the desktop is for. I'm not sure I'd appreciate lower performance tbh, or lower storage. 256 is the minimum comfortable level for me to work on, the i7 keeps up with what I do but I think lower performance would actually be pretty noticeable. I probably could've been happy with 8GB ram, but no less.

mosc

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
No mention of Stylus support? How are you supposed to interact with a 250+ PPI screen on native resolution with your finger? Cmon.

App_Developer

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
The choice here is obviously the one that runs the applications you need.
iPad has 4GB LPDDR4 and a PowerVR Graphics - probably the best they have,
(see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices )
and it runs only iOS Applications.
Matebook has integrated Intel Graphics, i suppose, and it runs Windows Applications.
Two absolutely different worlds, why compare?

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Probably because normal consumers will compare the two products for their needs because they will see them as 2 tablets in the same price range and not 2 different products for different needs.

nightshadexl

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Interesting conclusion. However I'd like to add a point.
I bought the original surface pro over any other device because it was second to none when taking it to school. With the pen I was able to take notes in every class. Being university, this was even more handy as I was able to annotate all the PDFs and power points supplied by the teachers as well as digital textbooks.
As such I never had to carry anything anymore to class other than the surface pro, it's pen, and it's charger.
The fact that I could also use it to do homework, which was programming and working in Microsoft office and excel was also a selling point for me.
Playing games on it during spares was just icing on the cake. (It can play league of legends on max settings, starcraft 2 on medium).

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes they are two different worlds, but two different uses as well. And PowerVR graphics were only used on the A5X and A6 chip, they are not used on the current A9.

GP_Can

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Probably the worst review I have ever read. Wow. Don't bother doing a review until you have all the information in front of you. And your conclusion? Microsoft put the high end processors and large drives because of people that wanted a powerful 2 in 1 to replace their desktop. Web browsing, typing and instant messaging?

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Probably the worst review I have ever read. Wow. Don't bother doing a review until you have all the information in front of you. And your conclusion? Microsoft put the high end processors and large drives because of people that wanted a powerful 2 in 1 to replace their desktop. Web browsing, typing and instant messaging?

You'd be right, if this was a review. It's not. Clearly, it's just a spec comparison and discussion, per the title of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.