Question Huge fps drops in csgo

Apr 7, 2020
Hey! My english isnt that good hopfully u understand! My fps is dropping in csgo when im getting a kill, when im gonna die or when round ends. It drops from 400 to 200 sometimes 100. When i tried to solve why its happening i opened my task manager and saw a huge spike on my cpu and gpu on task manager on "performance" tab.

My pc:
cpu:i 7 8700k overclocked to 4.9 (watercooler)

gpu:Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC näytönohjain 8G

ram: corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 16 Gt BUT 32GB=4 STICKS

power: not sure but i think its 650w

motherboard:rog strix z390-h gaming

D

Deleted member 1560910

wtf is aura sync/blotware lol?? i dont think so and fps drops ONLY happens in csgo all other games run fine
Sounds like CS GO is at fault here might be because of a update that broke something

Asus RGB uses Aura sync to sync the lighting in Motherboards GPU etc. I did experience un stable fps when i had this installed so make sure you didnt install anything lately that could cause a problem in certain game

all else fails just reformatt

Apr 7, 2020
Sounds like CS GO is at fault here might be because of a update that broke something

Asus RGB uses Aura sync to sync the lighting in Motherboards GPU etc. I did experience un stable fps when i had this installed so make sure you didnt install anything lately that could cause a problem in certain game

all else fails just reformatt
so do i try to find if i have aura sync on? and if its on am i going to turn it off?

McLovinHawaii

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
so im gonna reset my bios? Resetting my bios means im gonna "delete" my overclock. Is that what u mean?
Yes. You reset your OC settings back to normal mode so to say. So if you know which settings you've changed you can simply set them back to normal and save the settings. You then have to change back the settings if that wasn't the answer to your problem

Last edited: