[SOLVED] Humming sound not loud but there :-(

Terry1978

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
Hi all my specs are z390 gene asus cpu i9900k put the system together this month noise started yesterday only thin i have changed since is unpluged sata cables from noctua fan hubs its a faint huming noise but realy gets to your ears when in games with fans reving up you canot notice it i am scared and do not know what to do i have put a screwdriver on the board and to my ear also to GPUand to my ear it is coming from board .
Any recomandations what to do i have the initial bios motherboard came with have not instaled the 1005 yet could it be this ?
Please help !!!

Solution
noise started yesterday only thin i have changed since is unpluged sata cables from noctua fan hubs its a faint huming noise
"Humming noise" is a bit vague and could be any number of things, but if you unplugged cables, you might want to make sure those cables are not leaning against a vibrating surface like a fan, or perhaps a case wall, potentially creating a hum. You could try re-connecting whatever cable you disconnected too.
Might just be the ever-present-in-varying-degrees symptom of...'coil whine'. be it on your mainboard and/or GPU, and/or PSU...

Turn on a small case fan, and, put on the case's side covers...? :)

(If you decide it's clearly an outrageous amount, explaining the malady to actually be authorized an RMA could be challenging)

noise started yesterday only thin i have changed since is unpluged sata cables from noctua fan hubs its a faint huming noise
"Humming noise" is a bit vague and could be any number of things, but if you unplugged cables, you might want to make sure those cables are not leaning against a vibrating surface like a fan, or perhaps a case wall, potentially creating a hum. You could try re-connecting whatever cable you disconnected too.

Solution

Terry1978

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
the noise is identical to like when you have a desk light pluged in for many hours they tent to buzz-humm its not buzing or its like huming buzing at stress test noise dose not go it may be to many fans but then again they do not exit the power limit it defo is from the cpu area

Terry1978

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
All good thank you all for the interest and your time .
It was my fault i forgot to plug in the mini USB from watercooler to motherboard resulting in a noise after 7 days i dont understand why it did not start making the noise right away .