HyperTransport Issues

ColdBreeze

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
This might be a Motherboard issue, but I'm not sure. In my Motherboard BIOS (ASUS A8N-SLI) I choose the option for 5x HyperTransport, than I load up a few diagnostic & information programs (PC Probe, ASUS AI Booster, SiSoftware Sandra) and they all tell my my HTT speed is 800MHz. Now I recheck BIOS, check that it's set to 5x, and I still get read as being 800MHz by other programs. I was wondering if A) Does this happen to the A8N-SLI board as I hear some people saying the board has issues and B) Is there any other program out there that will display your HTT speed?

I went to AMD.com (great site btw) and I dl'd some progz but they all say "HTT Speed: Reserved" w/e the F that means. I have the latest BIOS (1014, not 002 as that is the BETA and my board doesn't like the BETA).
Not sure if it will help, but my specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2310MHz 210 Bus (same prob at 200 Bus)
1GB (512x2) Crucial Ballistix at 2-2-2-5
ASUS A8N-SLI Mobo

Thanks in advance for any help.

sturm

Splendid
I have an MSI neo2 plat board. I can only boot with the HTT at 4x. If its at 5x it hangs. I have heard that you wont really see any difference between 4x and 5x anyways.
I havent tried updating my bios yet. Last time I did that I eneded up with dead board.

ColdBreeze

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
I fixed the issue, I set the HTT Frequency to AUTO 8O now Sandra displays 2x 1050MHz (2100MHz HTT). Who'd a thought, right? =/