HyperX Predator DDR4 XMP crashes system

Jun 11, 2018
Hi I have a gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 mobile and HyperX Predator ddr4 2x4gb sticks of ram. However if I change the speed from anything other than default my system crashes soon as I get into log in screen. Cant use the XMP profiles as they do same. Iv tried using Ryzen Master and still crashes.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

+1 definitely make sure you have the newest BIOS.

Also whats the specific model number and speed of the RAM? Is it on the board's memory QVL? Which CPU are your using? Ryzen and memory can be tricky sometimes.

Jun 11, 2018
Rogue Leader

The bios is the latest one the memory is hx430c15pb3k2/8 the speed is 3000mhz. It's not on the list however the guy on YouTube who did the build with exactly the same stuff as me man as fed the run it at 3200mhz. I'm using the Ryzen 3 2200g

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

What youtube video? I trust most of those guys like I'd trust gas station sushi. If he was running at 3200mhz clearly he used a different model of memory.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you're turning on XMP and its crashing the system thats not good, Have you tried manually setting all the timings on your own from the ram specs? XMP doesn't always work well. That said I would use a ram from the QVL, Like I said I don't trust some random youtuber, you can get the same or better peformance from a ram that is known working.

Jun 11, 2018
I have tried setting the timings manually however I get the same results. The screen gets to windows then little squares flicker and then it freezes and I have to restart it or the screen goes green

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Jun 11, 2018
I have tried the calculater and still keeps freezing and rebooting. It seems any overclock what's so ever will make it unstable. The RAM is on the QVL list as iv checked so it's not good. Iv asked Kingston to replace the RAM as it may be dodgy. Also I can't oc my Ryzen 3 2200g past 1,999mhz GFX so may indicate dodgy ram.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

let us know what happens with Kingston.

Jun 11, 2018
I have contacted Kingston now I have to send my ram off to them too get it tested. They say it's running normally at the moment so I said if I wanted 2400mhz ram I wouldn't have brought th 3000mhz. Also iv asked them to test it under Ryzen conditions as it's on the motherboards QVL list as being Raven Ridge compatible. If they say it's fine I'm going to send it back.

What's the best Ram I can get that's 3000 or 3200 MHz other than the HyperX Predator that's about the same price for my ryzen build?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

GSkill Trident Z should be on the list and is excellent with Ryzen. Made with Samsung memory.

Jun 11, 2018
Well the RAM has been checked by Kingston and runs at 3000mhz on Ryzen so it must be the Ryzen that's faulty. Iv got a replacement on order will update with results

Jun 11, 2018
Only the CPU so far gigabyte keep asking questions iv already answered at the moment. And they keep saying it's probably the limitations of your CPU which is rubbish as it can run at 3999mhz ram and I can't even run my ram at 2666 mhz