Question I accidentally deleted temp files some way or another.

Jun 12, 2020
Ive tried using the command prompt and fixing it in any way possible but nothing has worked. Is there a way that I can reinstall windows back onto my hdd without having to wipe it? And would I be able to do this without having to buy another copy of windows? I only have the one drive but I could order a second one.

Jun 12, 2020
I was foolishly trying to fix micro stuttering in csgo because I was desperate for a fix and I followed a horrible tutorial. I deleted temp files, prefetch files and I ran a cleaner. I think it was the cleaner that deleted whatever file it was. Windows will not boot past the initial screen after Bios. It is stuck loading. I do have a legitimate copy of Windows on this PC. Would I be able to reinstall it without losing any data?

D

Deleted member 14196

Don’t ever run cleaners of any kind for any reason especially if you want to fix things because all they do is break things

You can get the latest copy of windows from Microsoft for free off the web and make a USB or a DVD

Jun 12, 2020
Don’t ever run cleaners of any kind for any reason especially if you want to fix things because all they do is break things

You can get the latest copy of windows from Microsoft for free off the web and make a USB or a DVD
Thanks! I definetely won't touch them in the future lol.

And to do this, I'd have to change the boot settings in BIOS and then launch windows and look for a restore point from repair mode?
You boot from windows installation media - Troubleshoot, Advanced Options.
In this screen choose System Restore.

system-restore-advanced-options.jpg

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

Jun 12, 2020
Thanks so much! I'm already able to access that screen through the windows startup repair thing and it told me that it can't restore. Will having the installation media be able restore it then? And will my hdd apps and stuff remain untouched?