I accidentally formatted my 100MB system reserve.

luckychalmz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Not sure if this is where I should be posting this but I figured since it was a windows 7 problem, it could be posted here. Anyways, so I was formatting my harddrives, and I accidentally formatted my 100MB system reserve, I searched for the problem on google, found a solution but that solution helped and didn't at the same time. I had repaired the issue using my windows disk, but the system reserve is still no longer on my drive. Also I had read that the system reserve was suppose to be on whichever harddrive the OS was one, mine wasn't in the first place. My OS is on a SSD. I can boot to windows, but the system reserve is not there anymore, is that an issue or not?

Solution
it is used by BitLocker, if you don't use that feature of windows 7, that's not an issue at all. It is created when you install windows 7 on auto without making partition first. So basically safe to remove as far as i know

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
it is used by BitLocker, if you don't use that feature of windows 7, that's not an issue at all. It is created when you install windows 7 on auto without making partition first. So basically safe to remove as far as i know

Solution