Question I accidently clicked "Restore to setup mode" and it deleted all my platform keys and it says I have none ?

Sep 5, 2024
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro

Is their anyway i can get the default platform keys? How can i find a platform key so i can enable Secure Boot since its currently stuck in setup mode until i enroll new products keys I tried flashing motherboard and cmos but that didnt work. i can't find any information on where i can find default pk. the only thing I've found is to restore defaults but that doesnt work.

Sep 5, 2024
Yes, its the correct mb but no its not what its asking me, its asking me to enroll new platform keys because i have 0 and when i set back to default pks their are none stored on the mb since i accidently restored to setup mode somehow deleting pks

Yes, its the correct mb but no its not what its asking me, its asking me to enroll new platform keys because i have 0 and when i set back to default pks their are none stored on the mb since i accidently restored to setup mode somehow deleting pks
keys can get enrollel within secure boot settings, bios message tells you that it can be done once youre in user mode

when you enable secure boot for first time, it will look like this:
View: https://imgur.com/nmi557O

its not active and its in setup mode, in this phase its waiting for operating system to configure it

press F10 and confirm and boot into windows, keys should get auto enrolled during boot, if they dont get enrolled after you boot windows with secureboot enabled, go back to bios, and switch from setup mode to user mode, then enroll default platform keys and try booting windows again

for secureboot to work, CSM needs to be disabled and TPM needs to be enabled

Last edited: