I am experiencing issues when trying to connect an audio device using an audio jack.

WackyOwey247

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Hello, firstly I apologize if I am posting this thread to the incorrect forum, it seemed the most appropriate.

I have had my computer hooked up to speakers for a long time using the rear audio jack in the motherboard, alongside a USB headset in the front panel and I have never had any issues, I just use the sound control panel to switch between whichever output I require. However, since moving I hadn't bothered to connect up any speakers for a while, however now when trying to do so with a new set of speakers, no audio is played through either the front or rear audio jack. I tested it with some headphones and the problem persists.

When inserting the 3.5mm jack into the rear panel a prompt appears from Realtek audio sound manager that I have plugged something in, but no device becomes available in the playback device list, I have checked all disconnect and disabled devices in the list and tried to mess around with those but still no audio. When plugging into the front audio jack, no prompt can be seen, but I have found out that when in the realtek sound manager if I check the box for disable front panel detection, sound will actually come through when plugged into the front audio jack, but still not the back one.

I have tried to update all audio drivers, failing that I reinstalled them all fresh, still no progress. Hopefully some of you guys have some suggestions on how to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.