[SOLVED] I am gameplay recording at 60 fps with 16gb of ram but my recording suffers severe lag is it my gpu at 4gb?

CL43

Prominent
Feb 25, 2020
I have read much about this issue and many state that 16gb of ram is all you need while others say 6gb GPU is needed I have a 4gb GPU. As I said my screen recording suffers severe lag and I am wondering if it is due to my GPU being 4gb. I have not been able to find any other info about this issue so I came here.
. I have 16gb of ram
.4gb single fan MSI GPU
.Asus Rog Strix B-450F gaming motherboard
.Amd Ryzen 2nd Gen 2700x processor
.EVGA 750 power supply
. HDD storage drive
. ATX mid-tower 4 fan

Solution
my processor is actually Ryzen 5 2700x. I have one HDD storage drive I don't know if that affects my recording but my 4gb GPU might also contribute to the problem. What I need to know is what to upgrade in order to fix this problem. here are my specs:
GPU:4gb single fan MSI GPU
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2700x
Storage: One HDD
Here are my recorder settings:
Fullscreen 60fps
AVC/H.264 on high
on GPU acceleration
saved to my storage.

PS: I don't know what I need to update to stop the lag and I am hoping you can help me those are my specs and settings I would like it if you could let me know what I need to be upgraded in order to stop my lag problem.
HDD may cause issues... Either way, I suggest getting an SSD, since...
H264 is a cpu encoder. Its probably just too high encoder settings, not the fault of the gpu.
More likely he is recording to the same drive running the OS and game or just the game and not to an SSD. The Ryzen 7 2700X should be more than enough for 60fps CPU encoding at probably 1080p high quality as well as playing the game being recorded.

CL43
You should Record to a second HDD or SSD from the one the game and OS are installed to.

Reactions: extreme_noob

CL43

Prominent
Feb 25, 2020
my processor is actually Ryzen 5 2700x. I have one HDD storage drive I don't know if that affects my recording but my 4gb GPU might also contribute to the problem. What I need to know is what to upgrade in order to fix this problem. here are my specs:
Fullscreen 60fps
AVC/H.264 on high
on GPU acceleration
saved to my storage.

PS: I don't know what I need to update to stop the lag and I am hoping you can help me those are my specs and settings I would like it if you could let me know what I need to be upgraded in order to stop my lag problem.

Fullscreen 60fps
AVC/H.264 on high
on GPU acceleration
saved to my storage.

HDD may cause issues... Either way, I suggest getting an SSD, since that improves the overall snappiness of the system, along with potentially solving this issue.

Solution

CL43

Prominent
Feb 25, 2020
How well do you think a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB SATA 3 would work. it is compatible and highly recommended. do you think this would overall help?

CL43

Prominent
Feb 25, 2020
So should I get a 1tb or 500gb? Also, should I get one or two? I am on a tight budget though.
would two 500gb make any difference vs one tb? Two 500 is $140 while one tb is $114

Last edited:
So should I get a 1tb or 500gb? Also, should I get one or two? I am on a tight budget though.
would two 500gb make any difference vs one tb? Two 500 is $140 while one tb is $114
If you plan to do a lot of recording and generate large files, you should get a second high capacity HDD (2+TB) or reuse the HDD you have specifically for video recording and buy a 1TB SSD for Windows and games.

Latest posts