I am going insane!

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
right! was playing fear on a my little Aopen XC cute, then it suddenly got so laggy! and then, wait for this! then for the 1st time in my life, my mobo's CPU tempurture warning siren came on! so natually in a panic i killed the power and then opened up my little case and then looked at my cooler.. and F me! one side of my cooler was completely stuffed with dust! so i took it out screwed off the fan and there was so much dust i decided to stick it in the diskwasher!!! now it's fixed. but the dust issue is a problem. anyone have any ideas on where i can get filters? or can anyone recomment a good silent water cooling solution?

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
You put a heatsink in the dishwasher? Um, now I've heard everything. :) I just use a little compressed air and stockings. (And don't put the stockings on the cpu fan, only the case fans and air intakes. Don't want something jamming in THAT fan!

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
How many fans do you have on your PC? How large and how much CFM do they push?
------
For filters, I recommend some thin screendoor material that can be found at any local hardware store. Buy some and cut it out to the dimensions needed.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
it putz the lotionz on itz dickz

OR ELZE IT GETZ TEH HOZE AGAINZZZ!!

lolol neubzzz
learn to spell geez you talk like snoop dog or some white guy who thinks hes hood cause he talks like him and has got a bandana(and dude this is the hood of A to the M and the D)

Feb 26, 2006
it putz the lotionz on itz dickz

OR ELZE IT GETZ TEH HOZE AGAINZZZ!!

lolol neubzzz
learn to spell geez you talk like snoop dog or some white guy who thinks hes hood cause he talks like him and has got a bandana(and dude this is the hood of A to the M and the D)
lololooolololzzz

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have news for you: Water coolers have fans, fans push/pull air and move...dust. It gets trapped in any radiator, whether it's a water cooler radiator or a heatsink.

Of course you could go with passive-radiator water cooling, like the Zalman Reserator 1.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Saves you more money on buying 50 cent air dusters. An average pc should be clean about every 3 months, unless if your from the Sahara desert. It doesn't hurt to clean your pc that has given you so much fun on playing games and surfing the net for dirty stuff.

But a liquid cooling would be a good solution in dealing the temps. I still used air cooling and never have own a liquid cooling system. My temps are low and not exceeding over 60*c at full load. I have 6 fans for the case alone and they all run in silent mode since all of them combine doesn't need much speed to suck and blows air out.

A fan filter is good but it restricts the air flow. The best way to get rid of the dust is to clean your place and place air filters on air ducts. That way your getting rid of the source of the dust that are invading your pc.

I wouldn't recommend your mom's stockings for filter. That just gonna make your pc uncool during lan parties. :lol: I've seen people even used do-rags and made their pc ghetto fabulous. :lol:

And what with the lotion thingee :?