[SOLVED] I am going to build my first pc ever next week can i ask you guys some questions?

Dec 25, 2019
So it is my first time building a pc and i have some questions. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and i think i know a little bit about building a pc and picking the parts already. I used PCpartpicker.com to see if the parts i chose are compatible, finally i have finished deciding what parts i want and this is the result.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING OC 6G

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1 TB

SDD: Kingston A400 240 GB

Cooler master Masterwatt lite 500 WATT

Case: NZXT H510 - Midtowermodel

I already have a monitor but i threw away the box so i don't know its values, it performs great when i play games like COD BO4 and Apex Legends on my PS4, it is an Asus.

---------------------
This all sums up to around 780 euros. I will mostly game on it but in the future i hope to do some editing aswell. I would like to keep it at this price but if you recommend something that costs like 20 more than that is alright. In the future i would like to be able to overclock.

I have 3 questions:

1) Is this build okay: Are all the parts compatible? Are all the parts on the same level (no bottlenecking)?...

2) Do i need to buy extra cables to build my pc or do you recommend to buy extra utilities that make the building part easier?

3) There is no video on youtube that really tells me if i need to buy extra case fans so do i, i think in this case there are already two?

Thanks already for your reply!

Solution
1) You have a couple of issues with your build. First, while the board supports that CPU it needs the newest bios to do so. If that's an older board it might not support your CPU. I don't think the B550 boards are out yet. x570 boards are ~$130 at the lowend. I'm not sure about the SSD and it's a bit on the small side. It's workable and probably of good quality. But there are probably also better/faster drives out there. The PSU is also junk. Sorry. I'd get a better one.

2) If you buy a new board it should come with any cables you need. Building is rather easy. It's installing windows and configuring it to run the way you want that I find takes the most time.

3) I'd worry about case fans later. An in at the bottom...

4745454b

Titan
1) You have a couple of issues with your build. First, while the board supports that CPU it needs the newest bios to do so. If that's an older board it might not support your CPU. I don't think the B550 boards are out yet. x570 boards are ~$130 at the lowend. I'm not sure about the SSD and it's a bit on the small side. It's workable and probably of good quality. But there are probably also better/faster drives out there. The PSU is also junk. Sorry. I'd get a better one.

2) If you buy a new board it should come with any cables you need. Building is rather easy. It's installing windows and configuring it to run the way you want that I find takes the most time.

3) I'd worry about case fans later. An in at the bottom and an out up top is probably all you need. But all setups are different. Try it with what you have first, adjust as needed.

Solution
Dec 25, 2019

3) I'd worry about case fans later. An in at the bottom and an out up top is probably all you need. But all setups are different. Try it with what you have first, adjust as needed.

1) Do you have any reccomendations for the board because whenever i find a new board pcpartpicker immediately tells me i might need to update my bios and therefore i just didn't think it was such a big deal.

Thank you for your reply though, it really helped (i was almost going to order it)

4745454b

Titan
You need a "5" board. You picked a b450 board, you need a b550. Which as I said aren't out yet. The only 5 boards that are out are the x570 boards. From a different thread I was in I know those are ~$130 at the cheapest. Many are a lot more.

TRENDING THREADS