I am having problems with a Dell Optiplex 760. It powers up but doesn't start, no display, no post.

Emmerson

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
I am having problems with a Dell Optiplex 760. It powers up but doesn't start, no display, no post.

I found a service manual online and read the troubleshooting section which led me to the diagnostic lights. When starting lights 3 and 4 are on which according to the manual means bad memory. I replaced the memory with 2 x 2GB DD2 800 A-Tech and it worked right away but then crashed again after about 4 hrs saying "Hardware Malfunction - NMI: Channel Check / IOCHK" and has since been behaving exactly the same as before I replaced the RAM

I have switched around the RAM, tried only one stick, tried it in different bays nothing works. I left it unplugged overnight and this morning I got a new error. "I/O Card Parity Interrupt at F000:A4A5, Type (S)hut of NMI, (R)eboot, other keys to continue. I didnt have a keyboard attached at the time so I restarted didn't get the error again but still no start.