[SOLVED] I am not sure if my motherboard is compatible with decent gpu.

TerryJeff

Commendable
Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
My name is terry and I have a question. I bought a second-hand pc from a friend of mine but it didn't come with a GPU. I usually play games like Dota 2 and csgo, so any GPU that can handle those is fine. I'm putting the specifications below!
I5 2500k
12gb ddr3 ram
motherboard: Model 04VF8V sandy bridge Q65 ( According to CPU-z)
Please help me! and thank you :')

Solution
Hello,
My name is terry and I have a question. I bought a second-hand pc from a friend of mine but it didn't come with a GPU. I usually play games like Dota 2 and csgo, so any GPU that can handle those is fine. I'm putting the specifications below!
I5 2500k
12gb ddr3 ram
I assume the PC is Dell Optiplex 790 based on the motherboard, is that right ?
Of course you can add some GPU to the system.
And which model did you have ? SFF models may need Low Profile GPU type.
Hello,
I5 2500k
12gb ddr3 ram

Solution

TerryJeff

Commendable
Apr 19, 2020
Hello, Thank you for your reply.
I am not sure about the case size but it's not big. Today I put gtx 660 ti in there but the hard drive cage was on the way (because the gpu size was very big). I had to bend it open to place it, but because of the wiring management and loose hard drive, the airflow messed up. I cant maneuver the components because there is literally no space. Now of course my pc is overheating. Can I just buy a bigger case and put everything in there? Does a bigger case mean better airflow? (Considering I have none right now)

I am not sure about the case size but it's not big. Today I put gtx 660 ti in there but the hard drive cage was on the way (because the gpu size was very big). I had to bend it open to place it, but because of the wiring management and loose hard drive, the airflow messed up. I cant maneuver the components because there is literally no space. Now of course my pc is overheating. Can I just buy a bigger case and put everything in there? Does a bigger case mean better airflow? (Considering I have none right now)
Not sure the motherboard will match with new case, because built in motherboard (like Dell, HP, etc) have their own design, not like market standard motherboard.

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
you can always keep your side panel open if you dont mind the extra dust cleaning