i am sharing internet with my friends through my router but i dont want some of them to connect. can i block some users withou

Rishabh9910

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
i have a wi fi connection and all my friends know the password, but i dont want some of them to use my wi fi. i just want to block them from using my wi fi. i dont want to change the password.

Solution
Change the password. Give it to who you WANT connected with the warning that if any of the undesired people get access EVERYBODY looses internet privileges for some amount of time. That will incentivize them to not share your password.

RealBeast

Titan
Changing the password would be the most effective means.

If the users are unsophisticated, you could look in your router configuration at connected devices and block the MAC address of their device in the router MAC address blocking. This would be trivial to overcome if the user knows anything, as they can simply change their MAC address with a simple free tool.

kanewolf

Titan
Change the password. Give it to who you WANT connected with the warning that if any of the undesired people get access EVERYBODY looses internet privileges for some amount of time. That will incentivize them to not share your password.

Solution