I am stumped, Win 7 won't boot from SSD any longer

grifftech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I have a Mushkin Calisto 60Gb drive I have had for about a month and all the sudden today the system locked up. Win 7 is loaded on the SSD. I shut down the pc and rebooted and it just sat at "Starting Windows".

I tried rebooting multiple times and the same thing. The SSD along with two regular HDs will show up in the BIOS during initial bootup so I thought to try a "repair" on the OS.

Well it gets to the part where I can choose an OS to repair and the SSD one isn't listed, wonderful. So I decided heck with it I will do a fresh install, it gets to the section to choose a drive to load the OS on and what ya know, the SSD isn't listed, f'n great!

So I found a couple things online to try and I still can't see the SSD, I went to command prompt during repair and did a "diskpart" "list disk", still only sees the regular HDs. I unplugged the regular HDs and tried it all again and still can't see it through the OS, but it is listed in the BIOS. Any help would be immensely appreciated!!

Thanks,
Chris

grifftech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

One of the drives is IDE and the other is SATA. I also swapped the SATA ports the SSD was using with the HD that was using SATA and it was recognized by Windows. I will try reinstalling the mobo drivers and see if that helps and double check the SATA settings in the BIOS

Latest posts