I Believe I Got My PC Infected

TotalMadness1

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
The past two days my Laptop has been having random Programs auto installed, along with Adware leaching onto my Browser. Just three days ago I had installed a Program with the intention of also downloading a Crack so I could use the Program for free. I was under the assumption that the "crack" I had found was safe and I could avoid any trouble with Malware, Virus' and the like. I was wrong, now when I boot up my Laptop I instantly bring up the Task Manager and show all processes, just so I can then end the vicious ones, locate their whereabouts and delete them. Every time I think I've gotten rid of all the baddies, they end up coming back on my next boot. I need help clearing this irritating and pointless cycle. I've since uninstalled all of my non-essential programs, including the cracked one, and they still come back.
I don't know whether this is important, but Windows Defender refuses to start, stating "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator (Error Code: 0x800704ec)
Please help! I don't want to lose my PC just because I had moment of stupidity!

Dunlop0078

Polypheme
Herald
Well cracking software to use it for free is probably illegal, I dont think we are supposed to help you at all with this kind of issue on this forum. You can do what elclipse suggested and run a virus scan thats about all I will say.

RCFProd

Champion
Herald
Download Hitman Pro and activate a 30 days license for free. It will remove them.

And no seriously, try Hitman Pro. It seems to find more variations of malware than any other program right now. Better than Malwarebytes.

ESPclipse

Reputable
May 27, 2014
LOL my post got deleted :p
I do not condone cracking and/or stealing software by any means, but I understand the need to fix a problem after a stupid mistake, and just wished to help. Apologies, dear admins

Blueberries

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
It sounds like registry modifications. Probably HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or a similar path. Look for any suspicious keys inside that folder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IntrepidBongos Windows 7 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS