i bought a 750 ti for my hp xw8400 and i get 6 red beeps and the pc wont turn on.

colton2703

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
i bought a GeForce gtx 750ti recently for my hp xw8400 it got here today and I put it in. the pc beeps 6 times with a red light once a second there is a 2 second pause then it beeps again please help.

Solution
Also, double check that the PCIe card is properly slotted and locked. I had one of my cards slip out of the PCIe slot for whatever reason, and a similar thing happened.

I would also recommend trying to see the documentation for your motherboard. It may be able to tell you what 6 beeps mean. Most motherboard's manuals have some sort of list with error codes of some sort, or they may be found online.

Epsilon_0EVP

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Also, double check that the PCIe card is properly slotted and locked. I had one of my cards slip out of the PCIe slot for whatever reason, and a similar thing happened.

I would also recommend trying to see the documentation for your motherboard. It may be able to tell you what 6 beeps mean. Most motherboard's manuals have some sort of list with error codes of some sort, or they may be found online.

Solution