hazencruz

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
I genuinely have no idea what's going on.

A few days ago I could chromecast all I wanted from my PC, and now I cannot.

Things I know:

-It's not the chromecast devices, they all work just fine when I cast from my phone.

-VLC will not cast from PC

-Brave Browser/Plex will not cast from PC

-My PC has weird issues with bluetooth and I recently installed a driver as directed by the mobo manufacturer to fix it. It did not really fix anything. I have never heard of bluetooth being involved in chromecast, and my phone casts without bluetooth on.

Things I have tried:

-Enabling the media router thing in brave's settings.

-Updating windows 10 (no new updates)

-Casting through media on my pc via plex on my phone (it will show the plex startup screen via chromecast, but will NEVER actually play a file.

-Casting directly from windows (the chromecast will SEE my PC trying to connect, but always times out after I allow it to connect.

-Changing my networks to private (don't know why windows defaults at public networks on a desktop PC.

-Changing firewall settings on windows defender to allow VLC on both private and public networks.

I am ready to tear my hair out and throw all technology in my house into the fire pit and go live in the mountains.

I recently spent almost $4k on this rig on I have had nothing but weird problems with it since the beginning and iBuypower's awful solution is to mail my only PC back to them and wait like a month for a new one (90% of my income comes from my work on my PC, and I guess I'll just starve until they decide to send me a new rig).

Extremely frustrated and looking for any guidance at all.