Question I cannot get Onboard LAN to work on the ASRock B650E Phantom Gaming Riptide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuu

Aug 13, 2023
Hi,
I just built a new system with:
Mobo: ASRock B650E Phantom Gaming Riptide WiFi
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 7900 XT Speedster MERC 310
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700X
Drives: 1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 / 1TB Samsung SSD 980
RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6600 DIMM CL34-40-40-84 Dual Kit

I am running Windows 11.

Before installing the OS i updated the BIOS to the latest version 1.28. System works fine except for the onboard LAN does nothing.
The onboard LAN is enabled in the BIOS but the leds at the ethernet connector are constantly off.
I tried several cables of course. The ethernet adapter is not detected by the OS.
I tried the following already:
1) Disconnect all devices (including graphics card)
2) Disabled all other onboard devices in the bios
3) Reset to bios defaults
None of this worked: Anyone has a recommendation what else I can do?
Is it likely that this is a motherboard defect?

Best regards, Christian.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Before installing the OS i updated the BIOS to the latest version 1.28. System works fine except for the onboard LAN does nothing.
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version?

Cuu

Aug 13, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version?
Hi Lutfij. Thanks for your reply. Just cleared the CMOS but have the same probem.

Jul 21, 2024
Isn't jumping CMOS same as restoring bios to default in it's settings?

Btw, similar problem here, putting together new rig, Asrock z790 riptide wifi, from the start poor connection to internet, mostly dips in speed, and lately ultra slow (have stable and fast provider, over cable). First day, it could run games and stuff, now cannot start nothing on it. Only thing I haven't tried is putting Win 11 instal. I was sticking to Win10pro, because of familiarity.
i7 14700K, 64gb ddr5 tridentZ, M2 990 pro 2tb, 4080Super, 1000w.

Hoping you see this bump and let me know how did it go with your board, or any ideas on my situation?
Thanks!

(And, yes, I know, motherboard shouldn't be the one to save money on, should have gone with Asus from the start...)

Isn't jumping CMOS same as restoring bios to default in it's settings?

Btw, similar problem here, putting together new rig, Asrock z790 riptide wifi, from the start poor connection to internet, mostly dips in speed, and lately ultra slow (have stable and fast provider, over cable). First day, it could run games and stuff, now cannot start nothing on it. Only thing I haven't tried is putting Win 11 instal. I was sticking to Win10pro, because of familiarity.
i7 14700K, 64gb ddr5 tridentZ, M2 990 pro 2tb, 4080Super, 1000w.

Hoping you see this bump and let me know how did it go with your board, or any ideas on my situation?
Thanks!

(And, yes, I know, motherboard shouldn't be the one to save money on, should have gone with Asus from the start...)

Welcome to the forums, lowridin

Please start your own thread instead of hijacking an existing one.

Furthermore, this thread is now "dead" as it's almost 12 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.