[SOLVED] I Cannot Turn Off Overclocking!!?

Jul 19, 2020
I built a PC recently (first time) and I used a RoG STRIX B550-F [WiFi] Ryzen 5 3600 with its stock cooler. I then realized it runs at 55-65 idle?!? I tried increasing my cpu fan speed and that kinda worked. I also thought “hey, maybe it’s because it’s getting overclocked” So I go into my settings, I find “AI overclock” and see that it’s on auto. So when I click on it to turn it to default, THERE IS NO DEFAULT. There is literally no way I can turn off overclocking and I’m really confused!! Can someone please help me.

Solution
I built a PC recently (first time) and I used a RoG STRIX B550-F [WiFi] Ryzen 5 3600 with its stock cooler. I then realized it runs at 55-65 idle?!? I tried increasing my cpu fan speed and that kinda worked. I also thought “hey, maybe it’s because it’s getting overclocked” So I go into my settings, I find “AI overclock” and see that it’s on auto. So when I click on it to turn it to default, THERE IS NO DEFAULT. There is literally no way I can turn off overclocking and I’m really confused!! Can someone please help me.
Why would you want to cripple it by turning off "overclocking ? What you are seeing is not OC but normal turbo mode with which CPU stays at lowest possible frequency until more is needed.
ith Ryzen systems it's...
Why would you want to cripple it by turning off "overclocking ? What you are seeing is not OC but normal turbo mode with which CPU stays at lowest possible frequency until more is needed.
ith Ryzen systems it's called PBO you can disable it in BIOS. Only way to keep frequency even is to set manually multiplier and CPU voltage, then it will stay at that setting always. If you have temperature problem, fix cooling first.

Solution