Question I can't access BIOS settings on ASRock X570S PG Riptide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have an ASRock X570S PG Riptide and I can't access the bios settings, I tried several things but unfortunately without success:
With a ps2 keyboard, with a USB keyboard on the usb2 port, with just one memory stick (I tried with the 4 I have), with the "restart to uefi" application, but nothing worked.
When I try to go into the bios the system always freezes, no boot.
Otherwise the system works fine when I don't try to go into the bios (Windows 10 boots quickly, occt tests work without problems, etc....)

I also tried to update the firmware to version 1.50 (with the BIOS Flashback button), the update was successful but again no possibility to go into the bios: the system is still blocked.
I am obliged to turn off the power supply to be able to restart Windows.

My configuration:
Ryzen 5900x
32GB of Crucial Ballistix BL8G30C15U4B.8FE (4*8)
GeForce Gtx 1060
Sandisk nvme
680w Bequiet

Thanks in advance for your help

Colif

Win 11 Master
tried removing power from PC (unplug it from wall)
remove CMOS battery for an hour or so
put it back in and see if it puts you in the BIOS as it should want you to change settings again.

Updating bios should have also put you in BIOS.

have you tried swapping the display output? What I mean is, try HDMI is you normally use DP, sometimes the BIOS only shows on one connection.

Jun 28, 2022
Hello Colif,
I just try to go in the bios after removing the CMOS battery (for almost an hour) and replug the power supply but it has not worked: again, the system freezes and I am obliged to turn off the power supply to be able to restart Windows.
For the test I’ve also plug 3 monitors on the graphic card (DVI HDMI and DP) but no signal on each one.
I've also try this with an older graphic card , same result.

Jun 28, 2022
As additional information, when I try to go into the bios there are lights from the PSC (Post Status Checker) who becomes red and they stays red.
These are the BOOT, DRAM and CPU LEDs
The VGA light is off.

But when i start the computer whitout willing to go in the bios these lights (including the VGA one) goes on and off and when windows is started they are all off.

Colif

Win 11 Master
no way to test MB
Can test CPU but if MB is problem, results might be questionable

I would suggest a repair store, they could have a PC they can swap CPU into to test it, or another MB they can swap all parts onto to test.
It seems the best answer without guessing.

From the signals, I could guess its MB but then I could be wrong. I don't think it would start if it was the CPU.

Jun 28, 2022
no way to test MB
Can test CPU but if MB is problem, results might be questionable

I would suggest a repair store, they could have a PC they can swap CPU into to test it, or another MB they can swap all parts onto to test.
It seems the best answer without guessing.

From the signals, I could guess its MB but then I could be wrong. I don't think it would start if it was the CPU.

I also open a case for several days by Asrock (https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp) but got no reply for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.