I can't edit my posts

KingLoftusXII

Splendid
Jan 17, 2006
Yes you do need cookies enabled. Gently, but lovingly, place a preferably soft chocolate chip cookie into your colon. An edit button should appear in a window shortly after.

BigWoop

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Well, I did actually. So what's your point? No mention that I can see that I shouldn't ask this here, where should I have posted this question?

BigWoop

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
I didn't ask if I needed cookies enabled, I said I DO have cookies enabled , when I push the edit button I am shown the edit page, I then try to edit my post but when I push submit, it says "I am not allowed to edit the post" or whatever.

BigWoop

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
It's not working.

I'm using Opera, I signed out, deleted the tomshardware cookie, then logged back in.

Still can't edit post.

BTW, should I be able to edit titles of threads that I started?

I had the same problem. You try to edit it and it says "this forum string has already been closed". And it was a new thread that opened like 2 hours before.

I have not had the problem recently. It al started when they did the remake of the forums.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
I"ve had the same problem on firefox and IE for ages, i wish toms would fix this problem, i cant even delete my own posts

When I first got on Tom's hardware I had no problems. Then they did a revision then some bugs came up. This last "BEST OF MEDIA" update to the forums caused a ton of problems such as these.

I wish they would roll the forums back 2 versions.

TRENDING THREADS