[SOLVED] I can't get into the Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2020
I have a HP prebuilt from which I have upgraded every component except the motherboard and CPU. I want to enable Hyper/multithreading and increase core voltage for cpu in the bios but there is no way to alter these settings. There was a BIOS password which I cleared using the jumper on the motherboard but there are still only very basic options in the HP setup utility and there is no way to enter the advanced options from what I can see. Is there any way to get into the advanced options bios where I can do it, is there some trick I need to do as HP are hiding it from me? I'm open to anything as long as I can enable Hyperthreading.
https://support.hp.com/doc-images/625/c06151904.gif
That picture is what happens when I spam Esc on boot.
https://support.hp.com/doc-images/498/c06151903.gif
This is the utility it takes me to when I press F10 on the previous menu. The advanced tab there has 2 options, essentially there is nothing I can do there.
The System id is 82F1 v.f10

Solution
I don't think there is any trick or hidden options. HP likely crippled the BIOS on purpose because they did not want users making any significant changes to the computer. They wanted it to stay as they originally sold it.
Sep 5, 2020
I don't think there is any trick or hidden options. HP likely crippled the BIOS on purpose because they did not want users making any significant changes to the computer. They wanted it to stay as they originally sold it.
Ok thanks, so is there absolutely no way I bypass their restrictions? Because I'm fairly certain that they also undervolted my CPU because it only consumes about 20 watts under load and it has terrible performance compared to what it should have.
If there isn't, is it possible to flash a new bios onto the motherboard? One with full capabilities?

Ok thanks, so is there absolutely no way I bypass their restrictions?
No, because those extra options don't exist in that BIOS.

If there isn't, is it possible to flash a new bios onto the motherboard? One with full capabilities?
Unless HP creates and makes such a BIOS available (not likely to happen) then no. This is the way of the big OEMS (HP, Dell etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.