Question I can't get my new PC build to start up ?

Jan 31, 2022
Hello i'm new to this Forum so i hope i'm posting in the correct forum

My brother resently bought a set of new parts to upgrade hes PC

• Aorus Z690 Master
  • G-skill Trident Z5 RGB 2x16 gb 6000mhz
  • i5 12600k
  • Rtx 2080
so we installed everything correctly, but we kept getting an error saying C1 on the LED indicator on the motherboard, in the manuel it says that Error means Reserved which we don't really know what indicates.
we read a few places around on diffent forums that it might be a need to update the BIOS so we dowloaded the newest version that was not a BETA version and used the Q-flash+ button with a fat32 usb key with the BIOS on it. and we did rename the file to GIGABYTE.bin
after that we got to a new error code 16 on the board instead of C1 and since then its been stuck there. we cant get into the BIOS and haven't been able to at all since we started.

we thought it might have been the RAM sticks, but since we got a new set that also stopped at the exact same error we are kind of at a loss here, so was hoping that someone on here might have some idea of what to do now.

sorry if my english is not super good not my first language.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The ram is on slots 2+4 from the cpu out?

Did you check the pins in the socket?

Did you try a clear cmos? Take the pc of the power, take the motherboard battery out of the motherboard and push the clear cmos button on the back I/O fro at least 5 seconds.

The "reserved" codes are afaik codes that can be used if they want to expand the list, right now they don't mean anything.

Jan 31, 2022
The ram is on slots 2+4 from the cpu out?

Did you check the pins in the socket?

Did you try a clear cmos? Take the pc of the power, take the motherboard battery out of the motherboard and push the clear cmos button on the back I/O fro at least 5 seconds.

The "reserved" codes are afaik codes that can be used if they want to expand the list, right now they don't mean anything.

The rams are in 2+4
we've cleared the cmos with every part out of the PC, and we've taken out the motherboard battery yes, but nothing seems to work, the retailer where the parts are from has asked us to deliver them back for RMA so we are doing that with the chip and motherboard. non of the pin where damaged.

TRENDING THREADS