[SOLVED] I can't open bios after reset CMOS battery

Feb 8, 2021
Hello,

I have a desktop computerc with windows 10 OS. Here is configuration mobo: Foxconn h81
Prossessor: Intel core i5 4460 and 4 GB ram.

Two days ago when I power on the pc it didn't run windows. Just open a black window there was "reboot and select proper boot device". Then I reset the jumper and CMOS battery. After few minutes turn on the pc it says "f1 to continue, del to setup" . I press del many times but can't go to BIOS. I'm still trying but can't.

Solution
Hello,

I have a desktop computerc with windows 10 OS. Here is configuration mobo: Foxconn h81

Two days ago when I power on the pc it didn't run windows. Just open a black window there was "reboot and select proper boot device". Then I reset the jumper and CMOS battery. After few minutes turn on the pc it says "f1 to continue, del to setup" . I press del many times but can't go to BIOS. I'm still trying but can't.
Try to reset the CMOS again , and check ur boot order , maybe u'll find the fix to the problem there , the first hdd/ssd that appears at the top of the list should be the one that u have windows on , if its not just put the one that u have windows...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Might want to see if the Num Lock LED is responsive when you press the Num Lock key on the keyboard. If it's unresponsive, it's possible that your system has hanged due to a possible issue with either the PSU or the storage/boot drive.

On second thoughts, please list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Rebelz86

Reputable
May 12, 2019
Hello,

Try to reset the CMOS again , and check ur boot order , maybe u'll find the fix to the problem there , the first hdd/ssd that appears at the top of the list should be the one that u have windows on , if its not just put the one that u have windows on above so it boots from it.

Reactions: sumon5555
Solution

Rebelz86

Reputable
May 12, 2019
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Might want to see if the Num Lock LED is responsive when you press the Num Lock key on the keyboard. If it's unresponsive, it's possible that your system has hanged due to a possible issue with either the PSU or the storage/boot drive.

On second thoughts, please list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
and yeah please list ur specs