Question I cant use the total potential of my cpu

nxc

Aug 10, 2024
Hey guys, so a few months ago I changed my cpu and motherboard, I went from an i3 9f to a Ryzen 5 5600 (standard) and the motherboard I got an A520 Pro, and I noticed that the PC got a lot worse in performance since then, however I was lazy and I didn't do anything, I continued using it to play, but now I want to play basic games and it crashes a lot, it drops fps a lot and I never understood that because the PC in theory is better than before.
To solve it, I went to cpu-z and saw that my cpu has 2 cores and 3 threads, and this configuration is on the entire PC, my cpu has the power of 6 cores and 12 threads, I've already tried going to system configuration and changing the number in a hurry but it only goes up to 3 too, I've seen several videos on YouTube and I don't know what to do because there are different solutions and I don't know the exact reason why the cpu is stuck at a level far below its potential.
I'm a layman, but I imagine that the PC is stuck in the settings of the old cpu that had 4 cores and 4 threads, but I don't know if that's it.
if you can give me a solution thank you

NOTE: I have an RX580 8G and 16GB RAM dual channel

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys, so a few months ago I changed my cpu and motherboard, I went from an i3 9f to a Ryzen 5 5600 (standard) and the motherboard I got an A520 Pro, and I noticed that the PC got a lot worse in performance since then, however I was lazy and I didn't do anything, I continued using it to play, but now I want to play basic games and it crashes a lot, it drops fps a lot and I never understood that because the PC in theory is better than before.
To solve it, I went to cpu-z and saw that my cpu has 2 cores and 3 threads, and this configuration is on the entire PC, my cpu has the power of 6 cores and 12 threads, I've already tried going to system configuration and changing the number in a hurry but it only goes up to 3 too, I've seen several videos on YouTube and I don't know what to do because there are different solutions and I don't know the exact reason why the cpu is stuck at a level far below its potential.
I'm a layman, but I imagine that the PC is stuck in the settings of the old cpu that had 4 cores and 4 threads, but I don't know if that's it.

NOTE: I have an RX580 8G and 16GB RAM dual channel
Switching from an Intel to AMD should include a clean OS install. It is surprising it even booted.

USAFRet

Titan
Full wipe and reinstall.

nxc

Aug 10, 2024
Full wipe and reinstall.

thank you !