[SOLVED] I Can't Verify Identity Of User Account On Windows 10

Jan 20, 2019
Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on my Genuine Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info about my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of my main user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ... There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security, but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify the identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on my laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

Solution
Remove microsoft account from your PC, then add it again.

Account verification is sort of a double check, security measure: you need to prove it was you who knows the login and password for that PC.

Without account verification certain synchronization options and access to MS services will be unavailable
Jan 20, 2019

Thanks, mate. I will try to contact them.

Jan 20, 2019

I don't have windows phone, I only have a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language. Should I install Microsoft Authenticator on my laptop?

Edit: btw I can access my Windows user account and use it without any problems, just when I access Settings > Accounts : It shows "You need to verify your identity"

Jan 20, 2019

Yes I already did it, many times. The problem is that procedure does not list the option for my new cellphone number, but only the old one. Even after I updated my Microsoft account's security info, it still does not list my new cellphone number.

I lost my cellphone. I can access the old number.

Colif

Win 11 Master

it still looks like something Microsoft can fix, as if you added the phone number already, it should be appearing in the list. I expect they are the ones who have to add it.

Remove microsoft account from your PC, then add it again.

Account verification is sort of a double check, security measure: you need to prove it was you who knows the login and password for that PC.

Without account verification certain synchronization options and access to MS services will be unavailable

Solution