[SOLVED] I can't wake my PC from sleep mode and some weird behavior

Jun 19, 2019
This looks like a common issue but I never had it before. My PC used to wake from sleep mode when I click on any key on the keyboard. Until 3 days ago, I tried to wake it in the same way but nothing happened. I hold the power button to force shut down because I had no other choice. When I tried to start it again, nothing happened!! I kept trying a few things and I eventually unplugged everything and tried, it worked. Here's the tricky part, my pc loaded as if it was in sleep mode, all the apps that I was using were loaded int the state that I left them in (Even though I forced shutdown and I unplugged it from the outlet), I don't know if this can help or no, but I was installing something that day, meaning I put the pc in sleep mode in the middle of an installation.

Anyways, Since then I tried a few fixes from the internet and nothing worked. I always end up in the same situation.
1/Put the pc in sleep mode
2/Try to wake it with keyboard/mouse. Doesn't work
3/Force shutdown
4/shutdown the PSU
/5Wait for a while and try to start it again, and as usual, it loads like it was in sleep mode

The behavior that I'm seeing is similar to the hibernate mode, but I'm sure that hibernate mode is turned off.
Any advice or suggestion would be really helpful. Trying to fix this issue is consuming a lot of my time and I can't work properly.

I added here a text file generated by Speccy and some additional info like the devices that can wake the PC, the available sleep states and the power settings:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zwdkgp39VZU8p3DM3g_31R9vKs5qK7gj?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
When the system is doing updates do you keep working or just let Windows "focus" on the updates? You can work as normal during updates but I avoid doing so just to avoid an error on my part from interrupting the update process. I likewise limit what is running in the background to only the apps etc. that I need to run each day. Overall, I still prefer to manually launch such apps versus using the Start up Tab.

Your Desktop screen (second in from the left) shows many, many update failures going all the way back to the beginning of 2020.

Some those entries involved Windows Defender but seemed to have resolved and are shown as "Installed".

There are quite a number of services running - may or may not be okay but I do not recognize...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version.

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being logged during boot times.

Try running the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that try "sfc /scannow" .

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Reactions: AyoubKh
Jun 19, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version.

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being logged during boot times.

Try running the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that try "sfc /scannow" .

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161
I updated my post with the specs and some additional info.
I just checked the reliability history and in the day the first time this happened, there's no error but rather a warning about debuggers not installed, I added a screenshot in the drive link in my post.
I also tried both the troubleshooter and the command sfc /scannow and they found nothing.

Ralston18

Titan
When the system is doing updates do you keep working or just let Windows "focus" on the updates? You can work as normal during updates but I avoid doing so just to avoid an error on my part from interrupting the update process. I likewise limit what is running in the background to only the apps etc. that I need to run each day. Overall, I still prefer to manually launch such apps versus using the Start up Tab.

Your Desktop screen (second in from the left) shows many, many update failures going all the way back to the beginning of 2020.

Some those entries involved Windows Defender but seemed to have resolved and are shown as "Installed".

There are quite a number of services running - may or may not be okay but I do not recognize some of them.

In addition there are likewise many services stopped - maybe some should be running.

Have you downloaded and installed any Debugging tools?

What programs are being launched at Startup? You can view them via the Startup Tab in Task Manager.

Try to roll back to as simple a boot up as possible. Uninstall programs that you no longer need and seldom use.

As always, back up all data and verify that the backups are both recoverable and readable before doing anything.

You can try "dism" as another way to clean up Windows:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Start thinking about doing a clean install. You may need to do so.

Solution