[SOLVED] I changed and tested everything and pc still doesn't show signal or post beep

Jan 14, 2020
Like I said in the title when I got my pc it didn't work. There was no beep for posting or display so I replaced the mobo. Still the same thing . I tested my GPU in a different pc and it works. I got a new cpu and ram. Still the same problem... Tested with different PSU too. The pc turns on but no signal and it just has no response. All fans are spinning . I tried removing the bios battery. I took it out of the case and still the same thing .

Specs:
Old: FX 8320 New: 6300

GPU: MSI GTX 960 2gb

Ram: (new) HyperX Beast ddr3 2x4

Mobo: M5A78L-MLX V2 ( bought the same one )

PSU: tested with silentiumpc Vero L2 and a chieftec 500w

Hope u guys can help I tried all I could think of

Solution
6300 + 8320 seems to require bios version 1201, or that's what supports says "validated since bios" 2012/09/17.

Does the motherboard box give any indication regarding dates of it's manufacturer? Or sticker/print on the motherboard?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could be the motherboard still, coincidence?

Gpu should be compatible with that board running both uefi + legacy vBios. But, do you have a pre 7 series Nvidia or Rx 200 series gpu to test this?

Were standoffs used when assembling motherboard in the case? All power connectors connected? 24pin, cpu 12v and pcie?

Working with second hand parts is risky.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
6300 + 8320 seems to require bios version 1201, or that's what supports says "validated since bios" 2012/09/17.

Does the motherboard box give any indication regarding dates of it's manufacturer? Or sticker/print on the motherboard?

Solution