Question I changed RAM, but now monitor shows no signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Must Collide

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Hello guys i Hope you can help me with this.
I bought new ram today, vengeance lpx 16x2 ddr4 3200 MHz, but I can't make em work.
That's what I've done:
I removed my old ram, put the new one in the same slots, plugged my pc, and on the screen it appeared a screen saying "new ram detected, press F1 for setup, press f2 for default settings."
Thing is that I didn't have had the time to plug my keyboard in, that the text disappeared and never appeared again.
The only thing I get now is the no signal advice on my benq monitor, i even tried to put just 1 stick at the time in different slots, but nothing worked.
I don't know what to do, is there some way to re-reset my pc and run the setup again? I'm not very expert so I don't know anything else I could try, hope you can give me some advices..
That my pc specs: ryzen 3600, b450 gaming max, Corsair cx450, 1660 super Asus.
Thanks in advance!

Mar 11, 2023
Hello guys i Hope you can help me with this.
I bought new ram today, vengeance lpx 16x2 ddr4 3200 MHz, but I can't make em work.
That's what I've done:
I removed my old ram, put the new one in the same slots, plugged my pc, and on the screen it appeared a screen saying "new ram detected, press F1 for setup, press f2 for default settings."
Thing is that I didn't have had the time to plug my keyboard in, that the text disappeared and never appeared again.
The only thing I get now is the no signal advice on my benq monitor, i even tried to put just 1 stick at the time in different slots, but nothing worked.
I don't know what to do, is there some way to re-reset my pc and run the setup again? I'm not very expert so I don't know anything else I could try, hope you can give me some advices..
That my pc specs: ryzen 3600, b450 gaming max, Corsair cx450, 1660 super Asus.
Thanks in advance!

Solutions:

Tightened cable connections - Unplug and plug

Reseat ram sticks multiple times, for some reason for me it works on a third try.

Unplug everything from your usb ports or at least reposition , unusual but worked for some people.

Try different monitor, in case that it is monitor issue (most likely not cause it worked a second ago) - Different monitor cable

Last thing, Hard reset your motherboard by removing CMOS battery.
Steps for removing CMOS battery:
  1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
  3. Press the power button multiple times to clear any capacitors.
  4. Remove the computer cover.
  5. Find the battery on the board. The battery may be in a horizontal or vertical battery holder, or connected to an onboard header with a wire.
  6. Remove the battery:
    1. If the battery is in a holder, note the orientation of the + and on the battery. Gently pry the battery free from its connector. - most likely
    2. If the battery is connected to an onboard header with a wire, disconnect the wire from the onboard header.
  7. Wait 1–5 minutes, then reconnect the battery.
  8. Put the computer cover back on.
  9. Plug the computer and all devices back in.
  10. This method will reset your BIOS to its default settings, so any custom settings you did will be gone and you will have to set those settings again.
Hope some of this works. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS